
Ok, so there is this little town on the edge of Lake Ontario in New York, just north of Rochester and I am absolutely in love with this place. Yes, I'm speaking of Webster, NY, and I think if I weren't from the coolest place ever (being Pittsburgh) I would tell people I was from Webster. It's funny, I used to go there all the time as a kid with my parents, then after my freshman year of high school, when we went up for Thanksgiving, I didn't go back until my cousin's grad party in 2003. After my most recent visit I'm pretty sure the reason is that we left Grandma in Webster for 4 months after that one time, and I don't think they wanted to risk that again... long story. So what changed? Well, going back as an adult, I saw everything differently. I was no longer trapped by the decisions of my parents as to what we would do. Now that most of us cousins were "grown-ups" ourselves, we could choose to go and do what we wanted. I also started to meet more of my cousins' friends, and enjoy going out and hanging out. Yeah, the best part is that I have visited so often now that I actually know my way around a little bit, and am not longer a "guest" but I'm just family. If I were to run away, I'd run away to Webster. How do I know it is a second home? When I am in my aunt and uncle's house and people walk in, they seldom look at me with that "who are you" look, but just say "hey Heather, how's it going?" It's awesome!!! Every time I go up, I meet new people, learn more about the area, and of course, my uncle always offers me a job (I think this time it was middle school english) at the Christian school he is principal of. Who knows... maybe one of these days....
ps... I realize this was a lot of rambling... I'm just enjoying the last parts of my vacation, and the memories of all of the parts that made this last trip absolutely magnificent!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment