Sunday, August 10, 2008

Family is Love

Some of you may know that I traditionally spend a week or so up in Webster, NY every summer. This summer, however, I did not go to New York. Instead I met my New York family in the Outer Banks!!! This trip has been in the planning stages for over a year, my cousin Allie and I have been talking about this for a while. It has been 4 years since I went to the beach, and that time I was babysitting. This summer has been hectic. There is a lot of change going on, a lot of craziness and I really needed a week away. I truly was "away" too, no internet! It was pure bliss.
Now, I love my friends (of all ages) and spending time with them is very special to me, but there is just something about being with family that is unbeatable. It isn't perfect (especially when there are 15 of you) but it can be less stressful. We didn't care how we looked, who were we trying to impress. We weren't overly worried about pleasing other people because they are family. We love each other and forgive each other our faults, and then get over it. I spent a week waking up, lounging, going to the beach, lounging, getting cleaned up and eating dinner whenever we managed to get around to it. "Going out" meant we walked to the beach at night. Our big adventures were to the dunes and to get ice cream. We laughed so hard, so often it was hard to stop. My family has a very special place in my heart, and that place got pretty full to bursting this past week.
Sometimes people say they need to "recharge their batteries" but I just got back from "recharging" my heart. It was the perfect end to an amazing summer!! Now I am getting ready to tackle the new school year.
My favorite part is that I have so many pictures that I can look at whenever I need to top off during the draining times of the year. Thank you to everyone who was a part of one of the best summers of my life.

1 comment:

Lyss said...

I'm so glad that you are doing so well!! =)