So I have changed the title of my blog... again... but I think I like this one more and I'm going to stick with it. :)
For probably the 5th weekend in a row I am packing to move to another house. I have a pretty nice deal, a big house to myself for free, and then a room at my parents' house when I need it. The problem is that I don't have a "home" and I am moving so frequently I feel like I am forever living out of my suitcase. Now, summer is here, and most people assume that is a nice break for me, being a teacher, but it actually tends to get worse because my secondary jobs kick in... dogsitting sends me to various houses, babysitting and vacations. Now, I love vacations, and staying with friends, and even dogsitting isn't too bad, but constantly moving is a pain. I used to love it, feeling like a vagabond and having nothing to tie me down anywhere. I guess my priorities are changing and I'm starting to want commitment in my life. However, for the time being I remain homeless and constantly moving. Just like everything else around me that is constantly changing. Friends coming and going, moving and changing, getting married or moving on with life. Now, the control-freak in me wants to scream, but the "new me" that has learned to let go is anxiously awaiting the next thing. It doesn't mean I won't miss what has changed or gone, but I'm looking ahead. I just wish I was doing this from one location. Oh well... I lose this nice set-up in about a year and we'll see where I end up living then, maybe I'll be "swept away" and land in a palace... or not. :)
Alright, that's it for now, guess I should get back to packing for another weekend "away".
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment